I hate getting mad.
I really do.
Because once I get there, apparently my emotional software needs approximately two and a half business years to reboot. 😂
And it's not that I want to stay angry. It's that my brain has apparently decided to conduct a full investigation.
What happened?
Why did it happen?
What did you mean by that?
What did you really mean by that?
Why didn't I say something in the moment?
And most importantly…
Why the hell did I give you the benefit of the doubt 14 times?! 🤦♀️😂
Here's the thing about people who don't get angry often: When they finally do, it's usually not because of one little thing.
It's the accumulation.
The little disrespect.
The broken promises.
The constant excuses.
The times they swallowed their feelings to keep the peace.
And then one day, something tiny happens and suddenly you're standing there thinking…
"Congratulations. You have officially unlocked the final level of my patience." 😂
But here's what I'm learning:
You don't have to stay angry forever to prove that what happened mattered.
You can acknowledge the hurt.
You can set the boundary.
You can walk away.
You can forgive without forgetting.
And you can let go without inviting the same nonsense back into your life.
Because peace is better than revenge.
Although, let's be honest…
A tiny little "I told you so" never hurt anybody. 😏😂
So yes, I may take two and a half years to calm down.
But when I finally do?
I'm not angry anymore.
I'm just unavailable.
And honestly, that's probably worse. 🤷😉

No comments:
Post a Comment