Friday, July 24, 2026

 


This popped up on my feed today, and I had to share because it really made me think… 🤔


I’m finally making peace with the fact that I cannot control what other people do—and honestly, some of y’all are making that lesson VERY easy. 😂

People are gonna lie. They’re gonna switch up. They’re gonna misunderstand you on purpose, rewrite history, create a whole fictional version of events, and then sleep like babies afterward. 🤷‍♀️

And me? I’m finally learning to say, “Damn…that’s crazy.” And keep it moving.

I’m not losing sleep trying to figure out why someone did what they did. I’m not chasing explanations. I’m not arguing with people committed to misunderstanding me. And I sure as hell am not auditioning for a role in somebody else’s delusional version of reality. 

My job is to stay solid on my end. Keep my heart right. Keep my boundaries tight. Keep my mouth mostly shut.  (that's not always an easy task on my end lol but I'm working on it -  I'm a slow learner)🤷😜

Because here's the thing: you can't control people's behavior, but you can control how much access they have to you.

So if you want to be messy, be messy over there. If you want to tell stories, write a damn book. If you want to misunderstand me, grab a dictionary. 😂

I’ve officially retired from giving people free rent in my head.

The eviction notice has been served.
The locks have been changed.
And frankly, the neighborhood is much quieter now. 😂😂

Stay solid. Protect your peace. And let people be exactly who they insist on showing you they are.

Trust me, the trash takes itself out eventually. You just have to stop dragging it back inside. 🤷😉


#BeenThereDoneThat

No comments:

Post a Comment