Thursday, July 30, 2026

๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿค– SO APPARENTLY THIS IS WHERE WE ARE NOW…


 I’m watching CBS this morning and learning that AI companies have been buying books, scanning them to train AI models, and in some cases CUTTING THE BOOKS APART AND THROWING THEM AWAY.

I’m sorry…

WHAT?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

So let me get this straight.

We created artificial intelligence because apparently humans weren't intelligent enough…

…and then we decided the best way to make it smarter was to destroy the books. ๐Ÿคฆ‍♀️

You know… those things humans spent centuries writing, researching, preserving, printing, collecting, and passing down?

Yeah.

Let’s feed those to the robots and toss the originals in the trash.

Because apparently we're speed-running the plot of a dystopian movie. ๐Ÿ˜‚

And before somebody comes flying into my comments with, “But Michelle, AI is AMAZING!”

I KNOW. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I USE AI.

I actually think AI is an incredible tool. It can help people learn, work, create, research, brainstorm, and do some pretty damn impressive things.

But there's a difference between:

“Let's use technology to preserve and expand human knowledge.”

and

“Let's destroy the physical source material because we already extracted what we wanted from it.”

That second one gives me the same energy as:

“Don't worry, I backed up all your family photos… so I deleted the originals.” ๐Ÿคจ

And what happens when the book is rare?

Out of print?

Historically significant?

One of the few remaining copies?

Oops. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️

The robot got the information. The book got a funeral.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ“š⚰️

I’m not saying we need to stop AI.

I’m saying maybe while we're teaching machines everything humanity knows…

we should occasionally remember that the books came from HUMANS.

Progress is great.

Innovation is great.

AI is fascinating.

But maybe let's not become so obsessed with building the future that we casually destroy pieces of the past to get there.

Because if the robots eventually take over…

I would really prefer they at least leave the damn library intact. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

What do you think?

Genius innovation?
Necessary technology?
Or are we officially entering our “Maybe We Should Have Thought This Through” era? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘‡

No comments:

Post a Comment