I finally figured it out.
The problem is me.
I give too much. I love hard. I show up. I'm loyal. I communicate. I actually give a damn about how my actions affect other people.
And apparently… that's my first mistake. 😂
Because somewhere along the way, people decided that empathy was optional and self-awareness was a subscription they forgot to renew.
Everybody is so busy protecting their own feelings that they forget other people have them, too. They'll hurt you, disappoint you, disrespect you, and then somehow act shocked when you don't stick around for the encore.
And God forbid you actually point it out. Suddenly, you're dramatic. 😂
No, honey. I'm just aware.
I've realized that I keep expecting people to think like me—to consider how their words land, to put themselves in someone else's shoes, to care when they've hurt someone.
But that's the problem.
I'm expecting people to have a heart that they never ordered.
So yes, maybe the problem is me.
I'm the problem because I keep giving premium loyalty to people operating on a free trial.
I keep handing out chances like Oprah.
YOU get a chance! YOU get a chance! EVERYBODY gets a chance! 😂
Well… the Oprah era is over.
I'm still loving. Still loyal. Still me.
But now there's a blacklist.
And baby, once you're on it, there's no customer service department to call. 🤷😉

No comments:
Post a Comment