I’m not the same person I used to be.
And honestly? Thank God for that.
I used to believe the best in everyone. I trusted easily. I gave people the benefit of the doubt—even when the evidence was standing right there waving a giant red flag. 🚩😂
I thought being kind meant always being available.
I thought being understanding meant tolerating everything.
I thought loving people meant giving them chance after chance after chance.
Turns out, sometimes it just means you're exhausted. 😂
Life has a way of teaching you things you never asked to learn.
You learn that not everyone who smiles at you is rooting for you.
Not everyone who says they love you knows how to love you properly.
Not everyone deserves access to your heart, your time, your energy, or your peace.
And when you've been manipulated, betrayed, lied to, or made to question your own instincts, something changes.
You start paying attention.
You notice patterns instead of just listening to promises.
You watch actions instead of getting hypnotized by words.
You trust your gut instead of immediately talking yourself out of what you already know.
That's not bitterness.
That's discernment.
There's a difference between being a good person and being an easy person to take advantage of.
You can still have a good heart and strong boundaries.
You can still love deeply and walk away when necessary.
You can still be kind without being available for everyone's nonsense.
And you know what else?
You don't have to explain every boundary you have.
"No" is a complete sentence.
"That doesn't work for me" is enough.
"I don't want that in my life anymore" doesn't require a 47-slide PowerPoint presentation with supporting documentation. 😂
The goal isn't to become so guarded that nobody can get close.
The goal is to become wise enough to know who deserves to.
I still believe in kindness.
I still believe in loyalty.
I still believe in genuine people and real connections.
I just don't confuse those things with blindly trusting everyone who walks through the door anymore.
My circle may be smaller.
My standards may be higher.
My tolerance for manipulation may be nonexistent.
But my peace?
That is priceless.
So no, I didn't become cold.
I became aware.
I learned that protecting yourself isn't selfish.
Walking away isn't weakness.
Being quiet isn't losing.
And choosing peace isn't something you need permission to do.
Sometimes the strongest version of you isn't the one who fights back.
It's the one who finally sees the pattern, closes the door, and doesn't feel the need to explain why.
Because when you've spent enough time surviving other people's chaos, you eventually realize something:
You don't owe anyone access to the person you worked so hard to become.
And that isn't being cold.
That's growth. ❤️

No comments:
Post a Comment