Wednesday, July 22, 2026

πŸ’… Sometimes “I’m Sorry” Was Just Another Way of Saying “I’m Tired of Explaining Myself.”


 Too many times, we apologize for things that never needed an apology.

We say “I'm sorry” when we should've said, “That wasn't okay, and I'm not accepting it anymore.”

We apologize for having feelings.
For setting boundaries.
For finally speaking up.
For walking away.
For expecting the same respect we give.

And sometimes, let's be honest, we apologized just to keep the peace with people who were the ones disturbing it in the first place. 🀦‍♀️

Here's the lesson: You don't have to apologize for choosing yourself.

Not every situation needs another explanation. Not every person deserves another chance. And not every relationship needs to be rescued by the same person who keeps getting hurt trying to save it.

Sometimes the healthiest response is simply:

“I said what I said. I meant what I meant. And I'm moving on.”

No dramatic exit.
No 47-paragraph text.
No courtroom defense of your feelings.
And definitely no apology tour. πŸ˜‚

Because eventually, you realize that saying “fuck you” doesn't always mean you're angry.

Sometimes it means:

“Fuck you, your chaos, your manipulation, your disrespect, and the version of me that kept accepting it.”

And then you walk away.

Peacefully.
Proudly.
And with your boundaries fully intact.

Because growth is realizing you don't have to keep saying “I'm sorry” just because someone else is uncomfortable with the consequences of their own behavior.

Apologize when you're wrong. Stand your ground when you're not. And when someone repeatedly shows you who they are… believe them the first damn time. 😏

No comments:

Post a Comment