You know that moment when you finally heal?
The song no longer stings. The place doesn't make your stomach drop. You can hear their name without immediately needing snacks, therapy, or an emergency nap.
You think, "Wow... I made it."
Then Facebook wakes up and chooses chaos.
"Here's a memory from 8 years ago!"
Oh really, Mark? Is it? Was that necessary?
Nothing says "Congratulations on your emotional growth" quite like a surprise slideshow featuring your ex, your questionable haircut, and that one vacation you definitely couldn't afford.
Facebook Memories have one job... and somehow they keep clocking in as unpaid emotional support villains.
But here's the funny part...
Sometimes those memories don't hurt anymore. They make you laugh.
You realize you've outgrown the people, the situations, and even the version of yourself in those photos.
That's not Facebook ruining your day.
That's proof you've survived it.
So thanks for the reminder, Mark. I almost forgot how much I've grown.
Now if you could stop reminding me about my bangs from 2014, that would be appreciated.
😂 Growth looks good on you... even if Facebook occasionally tries to fact-check your healing.

No comments:
Post a Comment