Friday, August 14, 2026

BLACKLIST: The Things I’m No Longer Letting Steal My Peace, My Confidence, or My Hustle

 




Let’s talk about something that doesn’t get nearly enough attention in the business world:

What happens when you’re working your ass off… and it doesn’t seem to be working.

Sales slow down.

The phone gets suspiciously quiet.

The leads aren't exactly beating down the door.

You start questioning your strategy, your decisions, your abilities, and possibly your entire existence. šŸ˜‚

Then you open Facebook.

Oh, fantastic.

Everyone else is apparently having the best month of their lives.

Closings.

Contracts.

New clients.

Big checks.

Record-breaking months.

“God is SO good!”

“Best month EVER!”

And you're sitting there in your pajamas eating something you found in the refrigerator wondering if you're even in the same damn industry anymore. šŸ˜‚

I've been there.

And I know I'm not the only one.

But I've learned something incredibly important:

A slow season does not mean you're a failure.

Sometimes it means you're in a slow season.

That's it.

Not a character flaw.

Not proof that you're bad at what you do.

Not evidence that everybody else is better.

And definitely not a reason to make a dramatic life decision at 11:47 p.m. because you're exhausted and irritated.

So I've started putting some things on my BLACKLIST.

Comparison

This one has GOT to go.

I'm done comparing my behind-the-scenes to somebody else's highlight reel.

I don't know what happened before that closing announcement.

I don't know how many deals fell apart.

I don't know how long they worked for that success.

I don't know what their personal circumstances look like.

I'm seeing a moment.

Not the whole story.

And neither are they seeing mine.

The "I'm Behind" Mentality

Behind who?

Seriously.

Who created this imaginary timeline we're all supposed to follow?

At 25, you're supposed to have this.

At 30, you're supposed to have that.

By 40, you've apparently got to have your shit completely together.

And by 50, you're supposed to be sitting on a beach somewhere sipping something fancy while your passive income makes you richer by the minute.

šŸ˜‚

Yeah… about that.

Life doesn't work like a damn spreadsheet.

People start over at 25.

At 35.

At 47.

At 52.

At 68.

People change careers.

Start businesses.

Rebuild finances.

Leave relationships.

Move across the country.

Go back to school.

Start completely over.

There is no universal timeline.

You're not behind.

You're on YOUR timeline.

Measuring My Worth by My Production

This one is dangerous.

Because when you're successful, it's easy to feel good about yourself.

Then the numbers slow down and suddenly you start questioning everything.

But your production is something you do.

It isn't who you are.

You can have a terrible month and still be damn good at your job.

You can have an incredible month and still be a miserable human being.

Numbers measure numbers.

They don't measure character.

The Need for Immediate Results

Oh, we're all guilty of this one.

We plant a seed today and expect a damn tree tomorrow.

We make the call.

Send the message.

Post the content.

Meet someone new.

Follow up.

And then six hours later:

“WHY ISN'T MY LIFE CHANGING?” šŸ˜‚

Because that's not how it works.

Some conversations become clients tomorrow.

Some become clients six months from now.

Some become referrals.

Some become friendships.

Some simply put your name in someone's mind for the exact moment they eventually need you.

Plant the seed. Water it. Keep moving.

You don't need to dig it up every five minutes to see if it's growing.

Other People's Success

Someone else's win isn't your loss.

Period.

Their closing doesn't take yours away.

Their promotion doesn't make you less talented.

Their big month doesn't make your small month meaningless.

And their success should be inspiration—not evidence that you're failing.

There's room at the table.

Pull up another damn chair.

Exhaustion Disguised as Failure

This one might be the most important.

Sometimes you don't actually want to quit.

You're just tired.

There's a difference.

When you're exhausted, everything looks worse.

Every unanswered email feels personal.

Every rejection feels bigger.

Every problem feels impossible.

And suddenly you're convinced you need to completely reinvent your life.

Maybe you don't.

Maybe you need sleep.

A day off.

A little quiet.

A walk.

A reset.

Some time away from the noise.

And then you can make decisions with a clear head instead of making permanent decisions from temporary exhaustion.

The Voice That Says "Maybe I'm Not Good Enough."

Blacklist it.

Immediately.

Because that voice doesn't get to run the show.

Maybe you need to improve your strategy.

Maybe you need to learn something new.

Maybe you need to make more calls.

Maybe you need to get uncomfortable.

Maybe you need to pivot.

All of those things can be true without you being a failure.

There's a huge difference between:

"I need to get better."

and

"I'm not good enough."

One encourages growth.

The other destroys confidence.

Choose growth.

So if you're in a season right now where things feel slower than you'd like, take a breath.

Look at what's actually happening.

Make adjustments where necessary.

Keep doing the work.

Keep having conversations.

Keep showing up.

Keep helping people.

Keep planting those damn seeds. 🌱

Because sometimes the breakthrough isn't late.

You're just impatient.

And yes, I say that with love because I'm apparently the CEO of wanting everything yesterday. šŸ˜‚

But I've learned to trust the process a little more.

Not blindly.

Not passively.

Intentionally.

I'll work.

I'll adjust.

I'll learn.

I'll pivot when necessary.

I'll keep showing up.

But I refuse to let a temporary season convince me that I'm incapable of creating the life I want.

So here's what I'm putting on my BLACKLIST:

Comparison.
Self-doubt.
Impatience.
Negative self-talk.
Unnecessary pressure.
Other people's timelines.
And the belief that one slow season gets to define my entire story.

Because it doesn't.

Slow doesn't mean stopped.

Sometimes you're not losing.

Sometimes you're learning.

Sometimes you're not failing.

Sometimes you're building.

And sometimes you're simply being prepared for something that isn't ready for you yet.

So keep going.

Keep growing.

Keep showing up.

And when your next chapter finally starts looking a whole lot different than this one?

You'll be damn glad you didn't quit during the part where nobody could see what you were building. šŸ–¤

No comments:

Post a Comment