Friday, August 28, 2026

🫠 HANGING ON BY A CIGARETTE ASH

 


“I’m hanging on like the ash on Shelley Duvall’s cigarette in The Shining.” 😂

And honestly… if you know, you KNOW.

Some days, we aren't thriving.
We aren't glowing.
We aren't “living our best life.”

We are simply hanging on. By a thread. A shoelace. A caffeine molecule. Maybe a questionable amount of sheer stubbornness. 😂

And you know what?

That still counts.

We put entirely too much pressure on ourselves to have everything figured out, stay positive, be productive, answer every text, meet every expectation, and somehow look cute while doing it.

Meanwhile, internally:

“REDRUM.” 😳😂

Here's your reminder: You don't have to conquer the entire mountain today. Sometimes the victory is getting through the day without losing your damn mind.

Rest if you need to.
Say no when you need to.
Take a break.
Cry if you need to.
Eat something. Drink some water. Get some sleep.
And if all you accomplished today was hanging on?

Baby, you accomplished something. ❤️

Because sometimes resilience doesn't look like standing tall with your life perfectly together.

Sometimes it looks like:

“I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I'm still here.” 😂

And THAT, my friend, is called survival with a side of sass.

So hang on.
Tomorrow is another day.

And hopefully tomorrow we can upgrade from “barely hanging on” to “slightly less screwed.” 😏😂

Keep going. Your story isn't over just because this chapter is a hot damn mess. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment