There’s a big difference between being kind and being a pushover.
I’ll give you grace.
I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I’ll forgive things I probably shouldn’t.
I’ll even make excuses for you that you absolutely did not ask me to make. 😂
Why?
Because I like being a good person.
Not because I’m incapable of being a problem.
I can choose peace without being weak.
I can walk away without being scared.
I can forgive without forgetting.
And I can be incredibly understanding while still having a very clearly defined “don’t push your luck” line.
The problem is, some people mistake kindness for permission.
They see your patience and assume you'll tolerate anything.
They see your forgiveness and assume there won't be consequences.
They see you choosing not to react and convince themselves you didn't notice.
Oh, honey.
I noticed. I just chose not to make it my personality. 😂
But every once in a while, somebody gets a little too comfortable.
And that's when they discover that the version of you they’re suddenly dealing with didn't just appear out of nowhere.
They helped create her.
So yes…
I'm good by choice.
I'm kind by choice.
I'm forgiving by choice.
I'm peaceful by choice.
But if you repeatedly mistake my grace for weakness, eventually you're going to meet the version of me that has officially run out of grace.
And honestly?
That version is probably exhausted from having to explain the obvious.
Choose kindness. Choose grace. Choose peace.
Just don't confuse any of those things with an unlimited membership to disrespect me.
Because even the nicest people have a terms and conditions page.
And nobody reads those until they get their account suspended. 😂
Be good. Be kind. Be gracious.
But keep your boundaries strong enough that people know your kindness is a choice—not an invitation to walk all over you.

No comments:
Post a Comment