Sunday, August 9, 2026

WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, I HOPE MY RECEIPTS ARE PEOPLE… NOT STUFF. ❤️

 



When the story of your life is told, let it be remembered that you valued people more than possessions, purpose more than popularity, integrity more than convenience, and gratitude more than comfort.

Because honestly?

Nobody is going to sit around at your funeral talking about how impressive your Amazon cart was. 😂

Nobody is going to say,
“Man… she had a REALLY nice kitchen.”

Nobody cares how many followers you had, how expensive your car was, how perfect your house looked, or whether your life appeared completely put together on Facebook.

They’ll remember how you made them feel.

They’ll remember that you showed up.

That you checked in.

That you helped when you didn't have to.

That you told the truth when lying would've been easier.

That you kept your word.

That you could laugh at yourself.

That you gave grace when people were struggling.

That you stood your ground when somebody tried to make you smaller.

That you loved people loudly… and walked away quietly when loving them started costing you your peace.

And let’s be honest—life has a funny way of teaching you the difference between what looks important and what actually is.

Popularity is temporary.

Stuff gets old.

Money comes and goes.

People's opinions change depending on which direction the damn wind is blowing. 😂

But character?

That follows you.

The way you treated people?

That leaves a mark.

The lives you touched?

That becomes your legacy.

So these days, I'm less interested in looking successful and much more interested in being someone I'm proud to live with.

I want to collect memories instead of things.

Conversations instead of applause.

People instead of possessions.

Purpose instead of approval.

Peace instead of proving a point.

And gratitude?

Oh, gratitude changes EVERYTHING.

Because once you realize how quickly life can change, you stop taking the ordinary stuff for granted.

The phone call.

The dinner around the table.

The dog waiting at the door.

The friend who shows up.

The belly laughs.

The second chances.

The mornings you wake up and realize…

Damn. I'm still here.

That's the good stuff.

So if my life ever gets turned into a story, I don't need it to sound impressive.

I just hope someone can say:

“She loved hard. She laughed a lot. She helped people. She stood up for what mattered. She learned from her mistakes. She didn't always get it right, but she kept growing. And somehow, she made this world a little better by being in it.”

Now THAT'S a life worth bragging about.

The rest?

Well…

You can't take it with you anyway. And knowing my luck, I'd probably get charged baggage fees. 😂✈️

Live accordingly. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment