There’s one thing you should probably know about me:
I’m going to survive the plot twist.
Actually, at this point, I’m not just surviving plot twists.
I’m a plot twist veteran.
A pivot princess.
A reinvention queen.
A bounce-back baddie.
Life has changed the plan on me more times than I care to count.
Jobs changed.
Plans changed.
People changed.
Circumstances changed.
Things I thought were permanent turned out to be temporary.
And more than once, I’ve stood there looking at my life thinking…
Well, this certainly wasn't on the itinerary.
😂
But here's what I've learned:
The plan changing doesn't mean the dream has to die.
Sometimes the path changes.
Sometimes the timing changes.
Sometimes the people you thought were coming with you don't.
Sometimes you have to take a completely different road because the one you were on suddenly became a giant flaming dumpster.
And sometimes?
You just have to laugh, take a deep breath, and say:
“Okay. So what's Plan B?”
And if Plan B doesn't work?
Fine.
We'll make Plan C.
If Plan C catches fire?
Apparently we're going to Plan D.
I didn't say it would be elegant.
I said I'd figure it out.
That's one thing life has taught me about myself.
I may get overwhelmed.
I may cry.
I may have a moment where I dramatically stare into space and question every decision I've made since approximately 1987.
But eventually?
I get back up.
I adjust.
I learn.
I pivot.
I keep moving.
Because resilience doesn't always look like confidently strutting through every obstacle like you've got your life completely together.
Sometimes resilience looks like sitting on the edge of your bed saying, “Okay… what the hell do I do now?”
And then getting up anyway.
That's still strength.
That's still progress.
And that's still you refusing to quit.
I've also learned that reinvention isn't something to be embarrassed about.
Changing direction doesn't mean you failed.
Starting over doesn't mean you wasted your time.
Outgrowing something doesn't mean it wasn't once right for you.
And changing your mind doesn't mean you're inconsistent.
Sometimes it means you're paying attention.
You're learning.
You're evolving.
You're finally realizing that the life you thought you wanted isn't necessarily the life you want anymore.
And that's okay.
We're allowed to rewrite the story.
We're allowed to change the ending.
We're allowed to say, “You know what? I don't want to do it that way anymore.”
And we're absolutely allowed to surprise the hell out of ourselves.
Because here's the thing about a plot twist:
You don't know it's a plot twist while you're living it.
You just think everything is falling apart.
Then somewhere down the road, you look back and realize…
Oh.
That's why that happened.
That's what that taught me.
That's where that decision led me.
And suddenly the chapter that felt like the end was actually the beginning of something completely different.
So go ahead, life.
Change the plan.
Change the path.
Change the whole damn plot if you want.
I'll adjust.
I'll learn.
I'll reinvent.
I'll pivot.
I'll figure it out.
Because I've survived things I once thought would break me.
I've started over before.
I've rebuilt before.
I've changed before.
And I'm still here.
Plot twist?
Honey, I'm practically a recurring character.
At this point, I don't need a roadmap.
I need snacks, a sense of humor, and approximately 24 hours to process the latest nonsense. 😂
Then?
We'll figure it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment