Sometimes the most peaceful thing you can do is stop trying to convince someone of a truth they’ve already decided to avoid.
You can explain yourself.
You can show the receipts.
You can calmly tell your side.
You can even give someone every opportunity to simply be honest.
And sometimes… they’re still going to create their own version of events.
Okay. 🤷♀️
Let them.
Because not every misunderstanding needs to be corrected, and not every false narrative deserves your energy.
Sometimes the most respectful thing you can do for yourself is let someone believe their delusion, knowing that their inability to be honest, respectful, and accountable has nothing to do with you.
Their behavior is their character.
Their choices are theirs.
Their lack of accountability is not your assignment.
And honestly, there comes a point where explaining yourself over and over starts to feel like trying to teach algebra to someone who keeps insisting that 2 + 2 equals whatever makes them feel better. 😂
No thank you.
I’ve learned that peace doesn’t always come from getting someone to admit they were wrong.
Sometimes peace comes from saying, “I know what happened. I know who I am. And I don’t need you to agree with either one.”
You don’t have to chase closure from someone committed to misunderstanding you.
You don’t have to defend your character to someone determined to question it.
And you certainly don’t have to attend every argument you’re invited to.
Some people can keep their version.
You’ll keep your peace.
And honestly? That’s a pretty fair trade.

No comments:
Post a Comment