Wednesday, September 30, 2026

I’M NOT KEEPING SCORE


 

Someone asked me, “What do you gain from loving people the way that you do?”

And honestly… I sat with that one for a minute.

Because the truth is, I’m not loving people so I can cash in later. šŸ˜‚
I care because I care. I notice the little things. I show up. I pour into the people who matter to me. That’s just who I am.

But here’s what I’ve learned:

Being genuine doesn’t mean being available for everyone.

If the effort isn’t reciprocated, I don’t suddenly regret what I gave. I just take note. And then I adjust where my energy goes.

Because there’s a big difference between loving people deeply and continuously investing in people who keep giving you absolutely nothing back.

I can have a good heart and have boundaries.
I can wish you well and move you to the cheap seats. šŸ˜‚
I can care about you and stop doing the emotional heavy lifting for both of us.

So no, I don’t regret being genuine.

I just stopped confusing access to me with proof that I care.

Some people get your whole heart.
Some get a polite smile and a “take care.”
And some… well, they’ve taught you exactly where to put them.

No bitterness. No revenge. No dramatic exit.

Just better placement of my energy.

Because being a good person doesn’t require being a fool. šŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment