Let’s talk about something we don’t always say out loud:
You can have a messy story and still be a beautiful person.
You can come from a broken family and learn how to build healthy relationships.
You can have experienced addiction, loss, grief, abuse, abandonment, betrayal, or heartbreak and still have an enormous capacity for love.
You can have struggled with depression, made mistakes, fallen apart, picked yourself up, and still become someone who brings light into other people's lives.
Because your past may have shaped you…
…but it does NOT get to define you.
And honestly? Some of us have been through enough plot twists to qualify for our own damn Netflix series. š
But here's what I've learned:
Survival changes you.
Sometimes it makes you softer.
Sometimes it makes you stronger.
Sometimes it makes you suspicious of anyone who says, “Trust me.” š
Sometimes it gives you boundaries you didn't know you needed.
Sometimes it teaches you that peace is worth more than being right.
And sometimes it teaches you that not everyone deserves access to the person you've fought so hard to become.
š You Can Carry Both the Darkness and the Light
We love to put people into neat little categories.
Good person.
Bad person.
Strong person.
Broken person.
Successful person.
Messy person.
But real people aren't that simple.
We're complicated.
We're layers.
We're scars and laughter.
We're mistakes and lessons.
We're heartbreak and hope.
We're the things that happened to us and the choices we made after them.
You can be healing and still have bad days.
You can be strong and still cry.
You can be grateful and still acknowledge that something hurt like hell.
You can forgive someone and still never allow them back into your life.
And you can love people while recognizing that loving them doesn't mean allowing them to destroy you.
That's called growth.
Not perfection.
Growth.
❤️ Stop Being Ashamed of the Chapters That Built You
There may be chapters of your life you don't want anyone to know about.
Maybe you made choices you're not proud of.
Maybe you stayed too long.
Maybe you trusted the wrong people.
Maybe you ignored red flags so bright they practically needed their own warning siren. šØš
Maybe you fell apart.
Maybe you had to start over.
Maybe nobody saw just how hard you were fighting to keep going.
But listen:
You don't have to be ashamed of the person you were while you were trying to survive.
You can acknowledge your mistakes without becoming your mistakes.
You can take responsibility without carrying shame forever.
You can look back and say:
“I wouldn't make those choices today.”
And that's okay.
Because you're not supposed to be the same person you were five, ten, or twenty years ago.
You're supposed to grow.
š Your Story Doesn't End Where Someone Hurt You
This is the part I really want you to remember.
Someone else's cruelty doesn't get to become your identity.
Someone else's abandonment doesn't mean you're unlovable.
Someone else's betrayal doesn't mean you can never trust again.
Someone else's inability to appreciate you doesn't determine your worth.
And someone else's decision to walk away doesn't mean your life has to stop.
They were a chapter.
They were not the entire book.
So take the lesson.
Keep the wisdom.
Heal the wounds.
Set the boundaries.
And leave the damn baggage at the door. š
Because you have somewhere to go.
š± Become the Woman Your Younger Self Needed
Maybe the greatest part of surviving difficult things is realizing you can become the person you once desperately needed.
The woman who listens.
The woman who understands.
The woman who doesn't judge someone's struggle.
The woman who knows that sometimes “I'm fine” actually means, “I'm barely holding it together.”
The woman who chooses kindness because she knows what cruelty feels like.
The woman who chooses compassion because she's needed it herself.
The woman who protects her peace because she knows what chaos costs.
The woman who finally understands:
I don't have to be perfect to be worthy.
I just have to keep becoming.
And Maybe That's the Real Victory
Not pretending you've never been hurt.
Not pretending everything was sunshine and rainbows.
Not erasing your past.
Not becoming some perfectly polished version of yourself.
But being able to look at your whole story—the beautiful parts, the ugly parts, the painful parts, the embarrassing parts, the triumphant parts—and say:
“Yep. All of that is part of me.”
The darkness taught me.
The light healed me.
The losses changed me.
The love saved pieces of me.
The mistakes educated me.
The pain strengthened me.
The people who stayed reminded me what genuine love looks like.
And the people who left?
Well…
some exits are actually answered prayers wearing terrible disguises. š
I am not ashamed of my story.
I am not ashamed of my scars.
I am not ashamed of the woman I had to become to survive.
Because I know something now that I didn't know then:
I didn't survive all of that just to spend the rest of my life apologizing for who I became.
I survived it to LIVE.
To love.
To laugh.
To grow.
To help someone else feel less alone.
To choose myself.
To create something beautiful from things that once tried to destroy me.
So yes…
I'm flawed.
I'm complicated.
I've got rough edges.
I've made mistakes.
I've been broken.
I've been rebuilt.
But I'm still here.
And after everything?
I'm still worth loving.
Not because my story is perfect.
Because it's mine.
And honey…
I survived it. š❤️

No comments:
Post a Comment