Let’s get one thing straight…
My “bitch side” doesn’t just randomly wake up one morning, drink its coffee, and decide to ruin somebody’s day. π
It has to be activated.
And usually?
There’s a whole damn history behind it.
Because before I get to the point of saying, “You know what? Fuck this,” there was probably a LOT of patience.
A LOT of understanding.
A LOT of grace.
A LOT of forgiveness.
And probably more second chances than you actually deserved.
So please don't stand there clutching your pearls when I finally stop being the understanding version of myself.
This didn't come out of nowhere.
You just weren't paying attention.
I can be kind as hell.
I can be loyal.
I can forgive.
I can overlook mistakes.
I can understand that people have bad days, make bad decisions, screw up, say the wrong thing, and occasionally act like a complete dumbass.
Because I'm human too.
But there comes a point where understanding becomes enabling, forgiveness becomes permission, and patience becomes self-disrespect.
And that's where my bitch side clocks in for her shift. π
She doesn't come to negotiate.
She doesn't schedule a meeting.
She doesn't send a calendar invite.
She simply walks in like:
“Okay, my turn.” π
And suddenly the sugarcoating is gone.
The unnecessary explanations are gone.
The endless chances are gone.
The “it's okay” when it absolutely was NOT okay?
Gone.
Because here's the thing…
When I finally say what I think, I probably don't regret it.
Why?
Because I already said everything nicely.
I already tried talking.
I already tried understanding.
I already gave you the benefit of the doubt.
I already gave you chances.
You just kept treating my grace like a subscription service.
And baby, your free trial has expired. π
So if I finally tell you exactly how I feel, don't act shocked.
Don't say, “Where did that come from?”
It came from every single thing I didn't say before.
It came from every boundary you crossed.
Every time you took my kindness for weakness.
Every time you assumed I'd forgive you again.
Every time you thought I'd stay quiet because I wanted to keep the peace.
And here's the helpful part:
Being a good person doesn't mean allowing people to repeatedly mistreat you.
You can have a soft heart and strong boundaries.
You can forgive someone and still remove them from your life.
You can love somebody and still decide they don't get unlimited access to you.
And you can absolutely reach your limit without feeling guilty for finally acknowledging that you've reached it.
So yes…
Once my bitch side is activated, I may say some things with a little more honesty than you're accustomed to.
But remember:
You had the gentle version first.
You just kept pushing.
So don't focus on the reaction while conveniently forgetting the behavior that created it.
I'm not saying we shouldn't take accountability for our words.
We absolutely should.
But accountability goes both ways.
If my reaction wasn't pretty, maybe take a moment to ask yourself what happened before the reaction.
Because sometimes people aren't “too sensitive.”
Sometimes they're simply finally done tolerating the same bullshit.
And if you're currently sitting in a corner crying because I finally said what I said…
Well…
Maybe use that time for some personal reflection. π
I'm not apologizing for having boundaries.
I'm not ashamed of protecting my peace.
And I'm certainly not going to pretend I came out of nowhere when you had approximately 47 previous warnings.
My bitch side isn't my favorite side.
But sometimes she's necessary.
Because she reminds me:
Grace is a gift—not an obligation.
Forgiveness doesn't require continued access.
And kindness should never be confused with permission to keep hurting me.
So be nice.
Be respectful.
Be genuine.
Because I promise you…
You really don't want to meet the version of me that finally stopped giving a damn. ππ₯

No comments:
Post a Comment