“She’s got the hospitality of a Southern belle and the emotional stability of a raccoon in a Dollar General.”
Well.
I don't appreciate being personally attacked by a meme this early in the day. π
Because apparently it's entirely possible to be the woman who says:
“Come on in, honey! Are you hungry? Let me make you something!”
…and also be the woman who, 20 minutes later, is standing in the kitchen wondering why everybody is touching things.
It's called range. π
I can feed you.
Take care of you.
Make sure you're comfortable.
Remember how you like your coffee.
Send you home with leftovers.
And still have moments where one tiny inconvenience makes my brain say:
“That's it. We're selling everything and moving somewhere nobody knows us.”
Perfectly normal.
Sweet Doesn't Mean Emotionally Serene
Some of us are genuinely kind, caring people.
We just happen to have approximately 37 browser tabs open in our brains, three of them are frozen, one is playing music and nobody can figure out where it's coming from.
That doesn't make us bad people.
It makes us… entertaining. π
We'll give you the shirt off our back.
But depending on the day, we may complain about being cold afterward.
We'll tell you:
“Anytime you need me, I'm here.”
And we mean it.
But please understand that sometimes “I'm here” means emotionally supportive from my couch while wearing pajamas and refusing to interact with the general public.
Boundaries, people.
Then There's the Raccoon Portion of the Personality
Raccoons are actually a pretty accurate description.
Curious.
Resourceful.
A little suspicious.
Mostly harmless.
Cute from a distance.
And occasionally rummaging through absolute garbage trying to figure out how the hell we ended up here. π
Sound familiar?
Exactly.
And the Dollar General part just makes it better because you know that raccoon went in for paper towels and somehow came out emotionally overwhelmed with seasonal decorations, snacks, batteries and absolutely no paper towels.
Honestly?
Same.
You Can Be Both
You can be loving and occasionally overwhelmed.
Strong and still have moments when you've had enough.
Independent and still need somebody.
Generous and still have boundaries.
Put-together and occasionally held together by caffeine, sarcasm and a prayer.
Human beings aren't one thing.
We're contradictions.
Some days we're graceful.
Some days we're resilient.
Some days we're nurturing everybody around us.
And some days we're the metaphorical raccoon standing underneath fluorescent lighting thinking:
“Nobody talk to me. I don't know what's happening.” π
The trick is learning to laugh at yourself through all of it.
Because perfection sounds exhausting.
I'll take genuine.
I'll take kind.
I'll take slightly chaotic.
I'll take someone who loves hard, laughs loudly, feeds everybody, occasionally loses her shit, apologizes when necessary and keeps moving.
So yes…
Southern belle hospitality? Absolutely.
Raccoon-in-a-Dollar-General energy?
Also yes.
And frankly, I think the combination keeps things interesting. π❤️

No comments:
Post a Comment