I work on myself because I understand something that took me a long time to learn:
I am responsible for where I end up.
Not for everything that happened to me.
Not for every person who hurt me.
Not for the things I didn't deserve.
Not for the chapters I didn't write.
But I am responsible for my response.
My habits.
My choices.
My boundaries.
My healing.
My decisions about what I tolerate, what I repeat, and what I finally decide to leave behind.
And honestly? That distinction changes everything.
Because blame is easy. Accountability is harder.
It's easy to sit around pointing fingers and saying, "Look what they did to me."
It's a whole different level of growth to say, "Okay...that happened. It hurt. It changed me. But now what am I going to do with that?"
That's where the real work begins.
Because at some point, you have to stop letting the people who hurt you continue to control your life from a distance. They already took enough. They don't get the rest of it too. š
I can acknowledge what happened without making it my permanent address.
I can take accountability without taking blame for things that weren't mine.
I can look at my own patterns, own my mistakes, change my habits, and make better decisions without pretending I was the villain in someone else's story.
That's not self-blame.
That's self-respect.
I'm not working on myself because I'm broken.
I'm working on myself because I refuse to let my past make all my future decisions.
Accountability isn't about beating yourself up for who you used to be.
It's about becoming someone your future self can actually trust.
And that's the kind of work that changes your life. ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment