“I feel like I’m living in an alternate universe. I don’t have common ground with most people. Conversations are empty. I don’t trust anyone—not because I don’t want to, but because I can’t. Everything just feels fake. The cost of being awake, I guess.”
Oh, I relate. 😂
Sometimes you’re sitting there listening to a conversation thinking, “Are we really doing this? Because I have questions.”
You start noticing the inconsistencies. The fake smiles. The selective morals. The “I would NEVER do that” people who somehow have a whole documentary series of doing exactly that. 🤦♀️
And suddenly small talk feels like an unpaid internship.
But here’s the thing: being aware doesn’t mean everyone else is fake, and being guarded doesn’t mean you’re broken. Sometimes you’ve simply learned that access to you should be earned, not automatically granted.
You can still want genuine connection while having absolutely ZERO interest in collecting people just to avoid being alone.
Because honestly?
I’d rather have three real conversations than 300 exhausting ones where everyone is pretending to be somebody they’re not.
And if protecting your peace means occasionally sitting in your own little corner of the universe with your coffee, your pets, and your “I’m not explaining this again” face…
Well. 😂
Welcome to the club. We don't have meetings. They're exhausting.
Anybody else feel like they’re fluent in “I see what you’re doing” but have officially retired from “let me pretend I didn’t notice”? 👀

No comments:
Post a Comment