Thursday, August 13, 2026

Wait… What Was I Doing Again? ☕πŸ˜‚

 


The amount of times in a single day that I have to stop what I’m doing, stare into the middle distance, and ask myself…

“Wait… what was I about to do?”

…is becoming deeply concerning. πŸ˜‚

I’ll walk into a room with PURPOSE.

Confidence.
Determination.
A mission.

Then I get there and suddenly my brain goes:

“Congratulations. You have arrived. Unfortunately, we have no further information at this time.” 🀦‍♀️

So I stand there staring at the ceiling like the answer is going to be written up there somewhere.

Sometimes I retrace my steps.

Sometimes I wander back to where I started.

Sometimes I just accept that whatever I was about to do clearly wasn’t that important and make coffee instead. ☕πŸ˜‚

And let’s not even talk about picking up my phone to do ONE specific thing…

20 minutes later I’m scrolling through somebody’s vacation pictures from 2018 wondering how the hell I got there.

At this point, I don't need a planner.

I need breadcrumbs. GPS. A personal assistant. And possibly a handler. πŸ˜‚

But here’s the helpful part: forgetting why you walked into a room or losing your train of thought happens to everyone, especially when your brain is juggling a million things at once.

So instead of immediately assuming your brain has packed a tiny suitcase and moved out, try this:

☑️ Slow down and do one thing at a time.
☑️ Write down what you need to do before you get distracted.
☑️ Put frequently needed items in the same place.
☑️ Give yourself a second to pause and reset instead of getting frustrated.
☑️ And if you remember what you were doing… DO IT IMMEDIATELY. πŸ˜‚

Because if you think, “Oh, I’ll remember that in a minute,”

No.

No, you will not.

That thought has already left the building. πŸ˜‚

So if you see me standing in the kitchen staring at the ceiling with my coffee in my hand…

Mind your business. I’m buffering. ☕πŸ’πŸ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment