Saturday, September 12, 2026

Please Don't Underestimate Me. I Contain Multitudes. 😂

 



“Unfortunately, you cannot overestimate or underestimate me. I'm both smarter and dumber than you think.”

Honestly?

That may be the most accurate description of me ever written. 😂

Because I contain multitudes.

I can have a conversation about mortgages, credit, interest rates, real estate and financial strategy…

…and then spend 20 minutes looking for my phone while talking on it.

I can give somebody incredibly good life advice…

…and then completely ignore my own advice because apparently I'm committed to learning some lessons the hard way.

I can read a situation from across the room and know exactly what's going on…

…and occasionally walk directly into a situation that should have had a giant flashing neon sign saying:

“GIRL. NO.”

I know things.

I don't know things.

I overthink.

I underthink.

I think I'm hilarious.

Sometimes other people agree.

Sometimes they just politely smile. 😂

But here's the thing:

Never confuse someone's personality with their intelligence.

Just because someone is silly doesn't mean they're clueless.

Just because someone is quiet doesn't mean they don't notice everything.

Just because someone doesn't argue with you doesn't mean they agree with you.

Just because someone gives you grace doesn't mean they don't see what you're doing.

And just because someone doesn't immediately show you what they're capable of…

doesn't mean they're not capable of a hell of a lot.

Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet are the ones who don't feel the need to prove they're the smartest person in the room.

They listen.

They watch.

They learn.

They ask questions.

They make mistakes.

They change their minds.

And they keep going.

That's real intelligence to me.

Not knowing everything.

Knowing you don't know everything.

And being secure enough to learn.

So underestimate me if you want.

Overestimate me if you want.

Honestly, I'm probably somewhere in the middle, drinking coffee, figuring it out, and occasionally making questionable decisions with tremendous confidence.

😂

Because I'm not trying to convince anybody that I'm perfect.

I'm not.

I'm just trying to be self-aware enough to know when I'm being brilliant, humble enough to know when I'm being an idiot, and smart enough to hopefully learn the difference.

And if you've known me for any length of time…

You already know that's a work in progress. 😏

Never judge the whole book by the chapter you're currently reading.

People are usually a lot more complicated—and a lot more capable—than the version of them you think you've figured out.

And sometimes?

The person you underestimated is the person who surprises you the most. 🤷😉

No comments:

Post a Comment