People will tell you exactly what you want to hear.
“I would never do that to you.”
“I've got your back.”
“You can trust me.”
“I’m going to change.”
“I care about you.”
“I’m just a really bad communicator.”
Okay. 👌
Now let's see what their actions have to say.
Because actions don't need a publicist. 😂
You can tell me you're loyal, but if you disappear every time I need you, that's information.
You can tell me you respect me, but if you repeatedly cross my boundaries, that's information.
You can tell me you're sorry, but if the exact same behavior keeps happening, eventually “sorry” starts sounding less like an apology and more like a subscription service.
And let's be honest…we've all been guilty of giving someone's words way too much credit because we wanted those words to be true.
We listened to the promises instead of the patterns.
The potential instead of the reality.
The explanation instead of the behavior.
But here's the uncomfortable truth:
People can say anything. Their actions tell you what they actually prioritize.
That doesn't mean everyone who makes a mistake is a terrible person. We're human. We screw up. We have bad days. We communicate poorly sometimes.
The difference is what happens afterward.
Do they take accountability?
Do they make an effort?
Do their actions change?
Do they respect your boundaries?
Do they consistently show up?
Or do they just keep handing you a fresh batch of pretty words while their behavior stays exactly the same?
Because a pattern is a message.
You don't have to become cynical.
You don't have to assume everyone is lying.
You don't have to interrogate people like you're running the FBI. 😂
Just pay attention.
Watch what they do when they're angry.
Watch how they treat people who can't do anything for them.
Watch whether their actions match their promises.
Watch what happens when you say no.
Watch how they behave when nobody is watching.
And most importantly…
Believe what you consistently see.
Because sometimes the answer isn't hidden.
You've already seen it.
You just didn't want to believe it because the words sounded better. ❤️
Words can tell you who someone wants you to believe they are.
Actions usually tell you who they actually are.

No comments:
Post a Comment