Wednesday, October 7, 2026

My Goals for the Rest of 2026: Less Pressure, More Living ❤️


 


I really like this one.

Because we're getting close enough to the end of the year that social media is about to start screaming:

“ONLY ___ DAYS LEFT! DID YOU ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS?! DID YOU TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE?! DID YOU BECOME A MILLIONAIRE?!?”

Calm down, Susan. I was just trying to remember to switch the laundry over. 😂

What if the rest of 2026 doesn't have to be about completely reinventing ourselves?

What if it's simply about living a little better?

Take a Few More Risks

Not reckless risks.

I'm not suggesting we drain the savings account, buy an alpaca farm and move to Montana by Friday. 😂

I'm talking about the little brave things.

Apply for something.

Make the call.

Try the new thing.

Say yes when fear is the only reason you're saying no.

Sometimes the next chapter starts with one slightly uncomfortable decision.

Spend More Time With People Who Feel Like Home

Not everybody deserves equal access to your time.

Spend it with the people who make you laugh until your stomach hurts.

The ones you don't have to perform around.

The people who check on you, root for you and make ordinary evenings feel special.

Because someday we'll realize those random dinners, long conversations and ridiculous inside jokes were actually the good old days while we were living them.

Stop Overthinking What You Can't Control

Easier said than done, obviously.

My brain personally enjoys holding emergency meetings at 2:13 a.m. about situations that haven't happened. 😂

But worrying harder doesn't give us more control.

Handle what you can.

Prepare where you can.

Then try to release the rest.

Your imagination doesn't need to create 47 worst-case scenarios just so you can be emotionally prepared for one that probably won't happen.

Say Yes More—and No More

Funny how both can be goals.

Say yes to experiences, opportunities, laughter, spontaneous plans and things that make you feel alive.

Say no to guilt, unnecessary drama, one-sided relationships and obligations you only accepted because you were afraid somebody might be disappointed.

Turns out boundaries and adventure can peacefully coexist.

Who knew? 😂

Keep Building the Things You Care About

You don't need to finish everything before December 31.

Keep building.

Keep learning.

Keep showing up.

Progress doesn't suddenly become worthless because the calendar changes.

Some seeds you plant this year won't bloom until next year.

Plant them anyway.

And Maybe… Enjoy Where You Are

This might be the biggest one.

We're constantly thinking:

When I lose the weight…

When I make more money…

When work settles down…

When I meet someone…

When I accomplish that goal…

Then I'll enjoy my life.

Except life keeps happening while we're waiting for “then.”

Maybe we can want more for ourselves without treating our current lives like some boring waiting room.

There are still mornings to enjoy.

People to love.

Meals to share.

Pets to cuddle.

Songs to blast in the car.

Sunsets to notice.

Reasons to laugh until you can't breathe.

I Don't Need a Brand-New Life by January

I just want to finish 2026 feeling a little more like me.

More present.

More courageous.

More intentional.

More peaceful.

More grateful for the people who genuinely matter.

A little less worried about things I can't control.

And considerably less available for unnecessary bullshit. 😂

No dramatic reinvention required.

No racing some imaginary clock.

No waiting for the “perfect” moment to enjoy the life that's already happening.

For the rest of 2026, I want to take the chance, make the memory, protect my peace, love my people, keep building—and actually be there for my own life while I'm living it. ❤️

Because maybe finishing the year well isn't about checking every box.

Maybe it's about looking around on December 31 and realizing you didn't just get through another year—you actually lived some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment