Friday, February 16, 2024

My problem is that I continue to expect people incapable of loving themselves properly, to love me in all the ways I know that I deserve Inspirational Reading Share

 


My problem is I love things with such ferocity they become a part of me.
There are no shady parts of my heart.
It’s all ablaze.
It’s all wild.
That’s not something I’m ashamed of anymore.
When I look in the mirror,
I see someone both humbled and proud. Someone who took the knives in their back and made them bladed wings.
Someone who freely extends the hand
they once needed.
Someone who knows that laughter
is the true luxury of life.
Someone who quit seeking pity
and stopped feeling sorry for themselves. Someone whose crooked, imperfect smile
was earned the hardest imaginable ways. Someone who still speaks kindly about those hoping I come undone.
Someone who will never, ever give up
on those closest.
My problem is that I’m so loyal
a broken heart has become customary.
My problem is that I continue to expect people incapable of loving themselves properly,
to love me in all the ways I know damn well
I deserve.
It took me my entire life,
but when I look in the mirror,
I finally love all the things I see -
so much so, they became all of me.
J. Raymond
"So Much So"

No comments:

Post a Comment