Tuesday, August 20, 2024

People can't make me feel like shit anymore without my consent Self Love Quote

 



I spent years apologizing for being me. I let people judge me, shame me and make me feel inferior.
My path and purpose always unclear because I couldn’t move until I felt like I was doing the “right” thing by the people around me.
I was unintentionally handing over my personal power on a regular basis.
I was letting people's opinions dictate how I saw myself.
Every little comment, or look of disapproval mattered to me-I was daily tormented by my need to please.
I am not that girl anymore.
I don’t know what happened, I guess it just finally dawned on me that people couldn’t make me feel like shit without my consent.
I set out on a mission to fall in love with me and find the courage to stand in my truth. It’s been a long journey but I’m finally learning how to give myself permission to be all that I am. I am strong, intelligent, wild, confident and powerful.
I love me and you can't shame me anymore cause you can’t shame a woman who is unashamed.
Brooke Hampton
Art: Jowie Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment